You can view all reports published by the Inspectorate regarding Gaelcholáiste Luimnigh here. Simply click on the subject listed.
- Wood Technology, Tech. Graphics (03/2010)
- French (02/2012)
- English (11/2012)
- Irish (31/01/2014)
- Whole School Evaluation / MLL (02/05/2014)
Information about Inspectorate Reports
All State primary and post-primary schools in Ireland must be inspected by the Department of Education and Skills on a regular basis. The purpose of inspections is to ensure that high standards are maintained and that there is continuing development of the educational system. The Department has a special division called the Inspectorate that works to achieve these objectives.
The legislation dealing with school inspection is the Education Act (1998) which sets out the responsibilities of the Inspectorate. In general terms, the Inspectorate evaluates and reports on the quality of education provision and is involved in:
- Inspecting and evaluating the education system (particularly at primary and post-primary level)
- Giving advice to those working in the education system
- Contributing to education policy development.