Donncha Ó Treasaigh is a native of Cappamore, and attended St. Fintan’s C.B.S., Doon, Co. Limerick.
He graduated from Mary Immaculate College/University of Limerick in 1998 (Honours Degree in Gaeilge & Geography) and completed the Higher Diploma in Education in NUI Maynooth. In 2000, he graduated with a postgraduate degree in ICT from NUI Maynooth.
He has earned significant acclaim in the field of ICT and has been involved at National level in several programmes relating to teachers’ professional development. He was an editor for the NCTE / PDST Technology in Education team on various publications.
He was a member of the Management committee of the Limerick Education Centre and delivered courses to both Primary and Post-Primary teachers through the Education Centre network between 1999 and 2016.
He has considerable experience in management and education leadership.
- He was Chairperson of the Limerick Principals and Deputy Principals Association for three years between 2011 and 2014.
- He was Chairperson of NAPD Region 6 (Limerick, Clare & Kerry) between 2012 and 2016.
- He was also the ETB Sectoral Representative for NAPD Region 6
- He is Secretary of the ETBI sub-committee on ETB All-Irish Post Primary Colleges
- He is a Member of the Limerick Education Centre (formerly Treasurer and twice as Chairperson)
- He is a Member of the Hunt Museum Board of Directors
- He led the process in the appointment of Chairperson of the Hunt Museum in 2015, with the former Secretary General of the Department of Finance, Mr. John Moran assuming the role.
- He is a Member of the national executive of NAPD since November 2015.
- He chairs the NAPD ICT Committee.
- He is an Apple Distinguished Educator, Apple Education Trainer and Apple Strategic Planning Consultant.
- He is a member of the Department of Education and Skills Implementation Advisory Group, established by the Minister for Education and Skills, Richard Bruton TD for the Digital Strategy in Schools Initiative.
- He is currently studying an M.Ed in All-Irish Medium education in Mary Immmaculate College/University of Limerick.
- He was appointed as a Board Member of the Plassey Campus Centre in April 2019 by the Governing Authority of the University of Limerick.